A cover letter is required for consideration.
- A Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred).
- 8+ years of work experience, including a minimum of five years of experience in development or alumni relations with demonstrated success in growing revenue and participation in an annual giving program, preferably in a complex institution of higher education.
- Hands on experience managing all facets of a large annual giving program with a complex, multi-channeled approach ideally in a higher education research institution within a campaign setting.
- Experience managing a diverse team of professionals performing in a fast paced, deadline driven environment with ability to motivate, grow, and retain high performers.
- Experience in frontline fundraising with the expertise to manage a small portfolio of leadership annual giving prospects and collaborate with regional and school based gift officers.
- The ability to manage up to senior leadership and direct supervisor meeting and exceeding expectations in a strategic, thoughtful and timely manner with a high degree of quality.
- Outstanding oral and written communication as well as presentation skills.
But that's not all we're looking for; we want someone who embodies our values:
- Teamwork, transparency, and mutual respect, because we value every member's contributions and know that leadership can come from anywhere.
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and a commitment to ensuring that each of us knows we belong here.
- Integrity in how we work and how we treat one another.
- Strategic thinking and curiosity in the relentless pursuit of fresh approaches and measurable results.
- Continuous growth and improvement, both as individuals and as a team.
- Joy and shared appreciation for working hard toward goals that matter.
If this resonates with you and you want to help us in our ambitious next campaign--and maybe do some of your best work as an advancement professional-- we encourage you to apply. If you are hesitant to apply because you have not previously performed every responsibility listed in the description, but you do possess transferable skills and the defined qualifications, we still want to hear from you and welcome your application as well.
To learn more about Development & Alumni Relations at Boston University, and other job opportunities, please stop by the DAR Talent website: https://www.bu.edu/dar-talent/.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty will need to be in compliance with Boston University's COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University's response to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Resources site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the employment application process, please contact the Equal Opportunity Office at 617-353-6474.