Senior Assistant Director of Advancement Digital Strategy
University of North Carolina Greensboro
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Required Education: Bachelor’s
Higher Education Institution
Internal Number: 998351
The Senior Assistant Director of Advancement Digital Strategy is an integral member of the Advancement Communications leadership team, reporting to the Director of Advancement Communications and working closely with the Department to achieve goals. At scale, Advancement Communications is responsible for communicating with the public about UNCG, its donors, and the impact of philanthropy. The Department communicates with Alumni to keep them engaged and connected to their alma mater, and with donors and potential donors to provide compelling opportunities to contribute financially to the success of UNCG and its students.
The Senior Assistant Director of Advancement Digital Strategy is responsible for using data analysis across platforms to deliver tailored messages to target audiences of alumni, donors, and friends. This position develops strategies to inform the placement of compelling content across platforms including, social media, SMS messaging, websites, digital fundraising applications, e-mail, mobile applications, and direct mail to achieve desired results.
This position is charged with monitoring performance metrics and adjusting strategies to achieve identified outcomes to include annual fundraising goals.
This position provides direct supervision to an Assistant Director of Advancement Communications (Annual Giving) and, by dotted line, provides oversight for the implementation of Alumni Communication strategies.
BACHELOR’S DEGREE IN A DISCIPLINERELATED TO THEAREA OF ASSIGNMENT; OR EQUIVALENTCOMBINATION OF TRAININGANDEXPERIENCE. ALLDEGREESMUST BE RECEIVEDFROMAPPROPRIATELYACCREDITEDINSTITUTIONS.
- Five (5) or more years of professional experience related to the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Must have the ability to learn, be flexible to change, and be innovative.
- Ability to be creative and proactive yet disciplined to prioritize workload.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing key performance indicators for successful digital communication campaigns.
- Experience with digital advertising using platforms such as Google Ads, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Experience using Anthology
- Experience using Signal Vine messaging platform
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Premier)
UNC Greensboro, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is a higher-research activity university as classified by the Carnegie Foundation. Founded in 1891 and one of the original three UNC system institutions, UNCG is one of the most diverse universities in the state with nearly 20,000 students and over 2,700 faculty and staff members representing more than 90 nationalities. With 17 Division I athletic teams, 85 undergraduate degrees in over 100 areas of study, as well as 74 master’s and 32 doctoral programs, UNCG is consistently recognized nationally among the top universities for academic excellence and value, with noted strengths in health and wellness, visual and performing arts, nursing, education, and more. For additional information, please visit uncg.edu and follow UNCG on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.