Primary Purpose: Reporting to the Manager of Digital Communications within the Office of Marketing of Communications, University of the Pacific's digital designer is responsible for design and development of the university website, email templates, digital ads and other assets. In collaboration with the creative team (graphic designers and a videographer/photographer), the digital designer conceptualizes and implements creative ideas and ensures Pacific's digital experiences for its three campuses (Sacramento, San Francisco and Stockton) align with and support its mission, vision, values, brand, reputation and strategic goals. The designer brings a deep and diverse understanding of new and emerging digital technologies and best practices, web design, CMS template design, email template design and content strategy. The designer also demonstrates working knowledge of contemporary content management systems, design standards, web design standards and social media design.
Essential Functions: 1. Plays a central role in leading the Office of Marketing and Communications design of digital assets in support of the universitys goals.
2. Leads user interface and user experience for the university website, including mobile-first, accessible designs.
3. Conceptualizes creative ideas with colleagues for internal and external sites and web applications in universitys Content Management Systems (CMS).
4. Partners with the digital developer to incorporate functionalities and features into university websites.
5. Stays abreast of current trends and best practices related to user experience, including for, with special attention to reaching prospective students.
6. Helps to ensure that digital design is relevant, timely and accurate and that the content supports the universitys brand identity.
7. Prepares and presents designs and website structure recommendations; communicates design ideas using user flows, process flows, site maps and wireframes.
8. Collaborates with the creative team to inform design guidelines, standards and best practices and maintain the appearance of websites and uphold content standards.
9. Works collaboratively across the university with colleagues involved in producing the universitys websites, including information technology staff, web developers and maintainers and vendors.
10. Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with colleagues.
11. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelors degree in graphic design, web design, marketing, communications, computer science or related discipline AND five (5) or more years of experience in digital functions, including (not limited to) digital design, media development, content marketing or digital advertising. Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Creative Cloud applications. Demonstrated understanding of website ADA compliance.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel: Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with use of computer and phone. Work performed during standard business hours. Occasionally requires work during non-standard business hours based on business needs or deadlines.
Valid drivers license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the Universitys fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, non-exempt
Background Check Statement: All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.
University of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Drawing on its rich legacy as the oldest chartered university in California, Pacific is a student-focused, comprehensive educational institution that produces outstanding graduates prepared for personal and professional success. Our student body thrives in Pacific's small classes and dynamic cultural environment, while our distinguished alumni are transforming their communities every day.
University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented.