As Business Development Associate, duties and responsibilities revolve around developing and implementing strategies to facilitate growth and enhance the reputation of assigned associations.
• Aggressively target growth for all assigned associations in areas to include membership (corporate and associate), certification, certification seminars and workshops, print and digital advertising, exhibit booths, sponsorships, etc.
• Manage the association’s certification recruitment and retention efforts, including developing and securing leads, securing calls and meetings with prospective members, partners, sponsors, etc. Track membership and workshop prospects for recruitment/outreach. Actively recruit new members.
• Working with the Principal and Executive Director, responsible for securing and fulfilling partnerships with media and supporting organizations to benefit assigned associations such as securing technical presentations, cross-promotions of conferences/tradeshows, complimentary media passes, complimentary digital and print banners and ads, discounts for members to attend conferences/tradeshows, etc.
• Represent assigned associations to external organizations and other stakeholder audiences, such as at tradeshows.
• Suggest creative new opportunities for additional non-dues revenue, media partnerships, partnerships with supporting organizations, editorial suggestions, participation in tradeshows, etc.
• Understand and keep up-to-date with constant developments with assigned associations and target industries.
• Draft and deploy communications to prospective members, partners, sponsors, etc.
• Provide creative input on new opportunities (i.e. possible new advertising sales vehicles), promotion/marketing suggestions and other ways to increase revenue.
• High-energy self-starter;
• Goal-oriented professional with motivation to meet & exceed sales goals;
• Strong communication skills (both verbal and written);
• Strong teamwork skills;
• Excellent project management skills (ability to multi-task and manage own time and priorities to achieve set goals);
• High level of professionalism, customer service oriented;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
• Ability to travel 10-12 times per year; Required/preferred knowledge:
• A minimum of 3 years of business development/sales experience;
• A minimum of 1 year working for with non-profit organizations or association management companies;
• Completed Bachelor's degree in a related field from a four-year university;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
• Prior experience with iMIS, YourMembership, Informz, and Constant Contact is preferred.
Additional Salary Information: Company benefits include:
• Health Insurance reimbursement
• Commute reimbursement
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Paid vacation
• Professional Development opportunities
Bonuses are available for exceeding sales goals.
About Capital Association Management
At Capital Association Management, we are constantly challenging ourselves to deliver more to our clients.