The Content and Marketing Strategist – West Plains manages the planning, execution, and measurement of University digital marketing campaigns that drive student enrollment and advance the University's strategic goals, visibility, and reputation. The Content and Marketing Strategist – West Plains works on strategic marketing initiatives to manage projects from inception to completion and develops strategies that will help meet University marketing goals. The Content and Marketing Strategist – West Plains uses invention, imagination, originality, and talent to write and edit content for assigned websites and other electronic applications. The Content and Marketing Strategist – West Plains works to ensure that assigned websites and social media content, branding, and marketing messages are created, maintained, updated, and evaluated for effectiveness and efficiency.
Description of Primary Duties:
1. Manages the planning, execution, and measurement of University digital marketing campaigns that drive student enrollment and advance the University's strategic goals, visibility, and reputation.
2. Helps to promote the University to prospective students by using invention, imagination, originality, and talent in preparing copy for recruitment communication products including emails, website content, and social media content.
3. Assists in the preparation of strategic marketing plans that support short- and long-term University initiatives.
4. Manages digital advertising budgets and social media efforts and uses analytics to optimize performance and return on investment (ROI).
5. Stays current on trends and online audience behaviors and preferences and proactively suggests new strategies in the creation and implementation of content for various paid search and social media platforms.
6. Manages social media and online marketing campaigns as well as day-to-day online and social media activity, including advertising, writing, community outreach efforts, and promotions.
7. Writes and edits content for various University websites and social media applications.
8, Provides training and coaching to other University communicators on social media and digital marketing.
9. Serves as a thought leader in the use of cutting-edge social media tactics designed to build, inform, and engage key University audiences.
10. Researches creative trends in the marketplace and applies that knowledge to University brand messaging.
11. Assures the production of material is consistent with established guidelines by organizing materials and completing writing assignments in accordance with set standards regarding order, conciseness, style, and terminology.
12. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
13. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the Director, University Communications.
14. Contributes to the overall success of the Office of University Communications by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
Education: A Bachelor's degree granted prior to the start date of the position in marketing, advertising, public relations, or a closely-related field is required.
Experience: Either one year of work experience in a professional marketing, advertising, public relations, or closely-related field or a minimum of three semesters of experience in a part-time position in a similar professional setting is required. Experience with social media applications is required. Experience with social media and digital advertising is preferred. Experience with marketing writing and Google Analytics is preferred.
Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Strong proofreading and editing skills are required. Organizational and planning skills are required. Knowledge of word processing is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required. Knowledge of social media and content management software is preferred.
Other: The scope of the job requires some evening and weekend work. Occasional overnight or out-of-town travel is required. Extended periods working at a computer workstation are required. The position uses computer monitors and keyboards to write and edit documents and edit photos.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Official transcripts will be required at the time of hire.
Do you value every voice and every opinion?Are you inspired to create a better future for yourself and others?Are you ready to make a difference?If so, Missouri State has a place for youMissouri State University is a public, comprehensive university system with a mission in public affairs. Our purpose is to develop fully educated persons with a focus on ethical leadership, cultural competence and community engagement.•Enrollment of 26,000 students who come from around the state and the world.•Four-campus system: Springfield, Mo., West Plains and Mountain Grove, Mo., and Dalian, China. •Students’ average ACT score above national average •Strong commitment to both teaching and research •More than 190 undergraduate options; 90 graduate options •Located in Springfield, third-largest city in state; known for beautiful outdoors, friendly people, superior health care, excellent public schools, and a variety of entertainment and cultural opportunities.Missouri State is committed to benefiting our surrounding communities. We want to create the next generation of citizen leaders through an unrivaled educational experience that emphasizes a commitment to public affairs. With a campus c...ommunity filled with diverse perspectives, voices and opinions, Missouri State is fulfilling its commitment to address the needs of a changing society. We are a community of forward-thinking teachers, learners and leaders.We cultivate students of character who enter the workforce as well-rounded professionals and honest, confident individuals. We believe in innovation, bringing fresh, relevant ideas to our area.We are dedicated to enriching our city and region, whether through cultural offerings, research and scholarly endeavors, internship programs or the development of facilities that serve a broader community beyond our campus borders.When you work at Missouri State, you tap into a network of leaders with an appreciation for big-picture thinking and a continual desire to address the professional, personal and societal needs of our changing region. There's no limit to the statement we can make together.
BACK TO TOP
IAB Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else IAB has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at IAB Career Center.