POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT The Digital Communications Manager supports Strathmore through the development and management of sophisticated web, email, and CRM technology, and the creation and oversight of content that is optimized for these channels. Major responsibilities include web development and testing, writing and editing web content, search optimization, email deployment, and database management. The manager holds primary responsibility for all or the organization’s digital communications tools and is a key member of Strathmore’s Tessitura Users Group, working closely with each department to ensure utilization of the tool at the highest level. While this position should have a working knowledge of all database and web functionality, it’s external implementations will be the primary focus – including but not limited to, business intelligence projects, website and email integrations, list management, and customer service issue tracking.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES May include, but are not limited to:
Website Maintenance and Development (40%):
· Work with Strathmore’s website Content Management System (CMS) to manage website content and make regular updates to dynamic, Tessitura-connected points of the websites including event pages, donation pages, membership pages, pre-sale and on-sale messaging and functions, and more.
· Write and edit new content for pages throughout the site and ensure effectiveness of provided content.
· Manage testing for new events and new functionality along with the Communications and Development teams.
· Analyze and provide reports and feedback from Google Analytics and other reporting tools.
· Be the main point of contact with Strathmore’s website vendor in the development of new online solutions and fixes.
· Assist with idea generation, project management, and testing for Strathmore’s next website.
· Ensure proper use of technology to maximize Search Engine Optimization.
· Train various staff members to update content as needed.
Database Management and Business Development (35%):
· Act as the organization’s front-end “Super User” of Tessitura, Strathmore’s ticketing and customer relationship management (CRM) software. Keep on top of current and goal functionality, software use, and integrations and help the staff make data-driven decisions and implement solutions.
· Work with Tessitura Services to implement cross-departmental business intelligence solutions and new functionality to address problems or opportunities – particularly pertaining to event registration, fundraising, membership, and marketing.
· Prioritize and manage basic updates within Tessitura in coordination with Strathmore’s IT staff.
· In coordination with IT, Development, and the Ticket Office, manage regular data updates including NCOA, de-duplication, and cleanup of member records.
· Lead conversations and strategy sessions in staff Tessitura Users Group meetings and contribute to regional meetings as the Strathmore lead representative.
· Manage testing of front-end functionality and web integrations during and after system upgrades.
· Build extractions and lists for mailings, email promotions, and digital advertising.
Email Marketing Management (20%)
· Oversee and help to develop Strathmore’s email marketing programs using Tessitura and the WordFly system.
· Stay current on email communication best practices for optimum delivery and readership.
· Act as the main point of contact for Strathmore’s email marketing software provider.
Data, Tracking, and Other Duties (5%)
· Assist with management and optimization of social media channels.
· Build, run, and analyze reports regularly to provide feedback and critical data.
· Attend weekly meetings to provide input on communications and technology initiatives.
· Update Strathmore’s digital marquee and electronic signs.
· Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITIES Satisfactory completion of this job includes successfully:
· Staying informed about the latest technologies, particularly pertaining to Tessitura, website functionality and SEO, email marketing, and website analytics tools.
· Helping the organization to prioritize and move technology-based communications projects forward.
· Demonstrating good judgment in problem resolution.
· Recording and analyzing sales data to accurately predict and measure results and inform future decisions.
· Displaying team spirit to succeed and improve performance of department and the organization.
· Helping organizational departments to solve problems with technology while clearly communicating options and limitations.
· Maintaining excellent relationships with vendors while holding them accountable including Tessitura Services, web developers, and email contractors.
· Working within approved budgets.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
· Demonstrates excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
· Creates effective, error-free, well designed materials that produce results.
· Contributes ideas to improve effectiveness and quality of marketing and fundraising efforts.
· Exhibits a professional appearance and deportment.
· Employs excellent communication skills.
· Displays high degree of dependability and reliability.
QUALIFICATIONS BA or equivalent; at least 3-5 years of experience in communications, marketing, or development with a focus on technology; experience with Tessitura software; experience with web content management systems and HTML; exceptional organizational skills; acute attention to detail; strong written and verbal communication skills; proficiency with Adobe Photoshop; experience with Google Analytics; desire to grow, learn, and contribute to a team.
Additional Salary Information: STATUS AND SALARY
This is a full time, exempt, salaried position. Salary is commensurate with experience, in the range of $48,000–$55,000.
About Strathmore Hall Foundation, Inc.
Strathmore is a nonprofit multi-disciplinary arts center and presenting organization based one-half mile outside the Capital Beltway in North Bethesda, Maryland. Best known for performances and events at the Music Center at Strathmore, the organization has been presenting accessible, affordable visual and performing arts in the smaller Mansion at Strathmore and all over its 16-acre site since 1981. Strathmore also presents throughout the community and at a new 250-seat venue, AMP, at Pike & Rose.
High quality arts programming, designed for audiences of many tastes, served with the hospitality and warmth of a family enterprise, are the hallmarks of Strathmore. Seasonal outdoor events seek to be inclusive in their programming appeal, reaching out to people of all ages, interests, and cultural heritage.
Artistic offerings presented by Strathmore in the Music Center include world-class performances by major international artists of folk, rock, blues, pop, R&B, jazz, world music, show tunes, dance, and classical music. The Music Center at Strathmore is home to several arts and education partners including the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, The National Philharmonic, Washington Per...forming Arts, Levine Music, CityDance, InterPLAY, and Maryland Classic Youth Orchestras. Learn more about our partners.
The Mansion at Strathmore is home to more intimate artistic programs presented by Strathmore in the warm and acoustically superb 100-seat Dorothy M. and Maurice C. Shapiro Music Room, the Gudelsky Gallery Suite exhibition spaces, the outdoor Gudelsky Concert Pavilion, and outdoor Sculpture Gardens. The Mansion also features the Strathmore Tea Room, serving Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and Shop at Strathmore.
AMP by Strathmore is located 2 miles north on Rockville Pike in the Pike & Rose neighborhood. This 250-seat cabaret style club features gourmet dining alongside rock, blues, jazz, folk, R&B, comedy, and other genres of performance.
As Strathmore is deeply committed to maintaining affordable and accessible arts programs to all audiences, an abiding partnership of both private and public support for Strathmore is required to nurture and perpetuate this creative endeavor... to provide a "home for the arts" in our growing community.