The Business Analyst is responsible for assisting in various activities including data gathering, trending, modeling, forecasting, and reporting. This position will be a centerpiece between the business intelligence data warehouse capability and other functional areas of the business such as Ad Operations, Sales Strategy and Marketing. The primary responsibility will be to create new dashboards and visualizations to provide insight into underlying business dynamics. The incumbent will develop analytic solutions, analyze industrial-size data sets, clean and filter data, identify patterns and design visualizations in order to support business needs. The successful candidate for this position must be able to: (1) think analytically and logically in solving business problems; (2) know what types of data must be analyzed to find the facts needed to solve these problems; (3) have the quantitative and software skills required for accessing the data, conducting the analysis, interpreting the results, and helping formulate solutions. This role requires understanding of the metrics used to measure online/digital advertising, as well as a strong foundation in data analysis. The ideal candidate will have experience working with major ad serving reporting systems, both publisher and client-side. The candidate will also have a strong interest in digital data analytics and be mathematically inclined
Key Responsibilities: •Conceptualize, design and support the implementation of analytics and reports utilizing a variety of data warehouse front-end tools, primarily Tableau. •Leverage advanced Tableau functionality (parameters, actions, API, complex calculations, etc.) to create internal business intelligence dashboards. •Extract, combine, and filter data sets from data warehouse as well as utilizing external data sources by blending, according to internal client specifications to prepare analyses. •Develop and create Tableau software engineering solutions for dashboards, scorecards, scheduled reports, ad hoc queries, and decision support. •Work with Data Warehouse developers, and data architect to ensure that data quality around business decisions is maintained. •Analyze and translate business requirements to identify impacts, trends, and gaps. •Own and deliver multiple BI projects, on an ongoing, long-term and ad-hoc basis. •Manage ongoing reporting processes and execute daily and monthly reporting packages using the Business Intelligence server platform. •Prepare accurate and timely financial and business related analyses, research, and forecasts. Skills & Background/ Minimum Qualifications: •Minimum of 3 years of prior data analytics / business intelligence experience •Minimum 1 year experience with Tableau or other data warehouse front end tools •Advanced Excel skills and SQL experience
Preferred Qualifications: •Possess a solid understanding of reporting tools and data warehouse solutions •MS SQL Server – Ability to write and amend SQL queries •Able to collect, clean, and transform data into valuable reports and provide insight •Strong quantitative and analytical skills with advanced financial analysis •A passion for data •Experience in Operations •Experience with Tableau (dashboard design and delivery) and other digital analytics tools on visualization •Must be comfortable in a fluid and evolving organization •Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (computer science, statistics, or related) Professional Skills: •Strong consultative, analytical and problem solving skills •Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills •Detail oriented, strong organizational skills and ability to work independently •Cross-functional collaboration skills This position reports to Global Financial Operations and Reporting and is located in Durham, NC (relocation assistance is not provided).
About Digital Turbine
About Digital Turbine, Inc.
Digital Turbine works at the convergence of media and mobile communications, delivering end-to-end products and solutions for mobile operators, app advertisers, device OEMs and other third parties to enable them to effectively monetize mobile content and acquire higher value user acquisition. The company's products include DT Ignite™, a mobile device management solution with targeted app distribution capabilities, DT IQ™, a customized user experience and app discovery tool, DT Marketplace™, an application and content store, and DT Pay™, a content management and mobile payment solution, DT Media, an advertiser solution for unique and exclusive carrier inventory, and Appia, a leading worldwide mobile user acquisition network. Digital Turbine has delivered more than 300 million app installs for hundreds of advertisers. In addition, more than 31 million customers use Digital Turbine's solutions each month across more than 30 global operators. Headquartered in Austin, Texas with global offices in Durham, Berlin, Singapore, Sydney and Tel Aviv. For additional information visit www.digitalturbine.com or connect with Digital Turbine on Twitter at @DigitalTurb...ine.
Reasons to Work for Digital Turbine:
• Rapid growth – We’re growing quickly which gives our employees exciting opportunities to take on new challenges and have a significant impact on the company’s future.
• Laid back work environment – Employees enjoy coming to work in jeans, working in an open environment, and lounging on couches with their laptop.
• Stock options – All employees are expected to make an impact, so everyone is granted stock options when they join the company.
• Free food & drinks – Our kitchens are stocked with plenty of snacks and drinks to help get you through each day.
• An exciting, evolving industry – The mobile app business is booming and changing every day, which means that we are always adapting to stay ahead of the curb.
Employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action; without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Beer Fridays – Every Friday afternoon, the company breaks away from work to come together and unwind after a busy week.
• Healthy work/life balance. We work hard but respect our employee’s life outside of the office and general well-being. We offer an unlimited vacation policy!
• Opportunity to work with the industry’s top talent – Many of our employees have over a decade’s worth of experience in the mobile app space. We are a company of ‘A’ players and only look for the best people to join our team.
• Everyone has a voice and can make their mark – Every employee has the opportunity to implement new processes, design new programs, and be creative within their unique role.