Location: Houston, TX, United States,
Special Instructions to Applicants: All interested applicants must attach a cover letter and a resume in the Supporting Documents section of the application in a PDF format. Please note that the applicant tracking system does not convert attachments in Word format successfully.
Under general supervision, build, cultivate, advocate for, respond to, monitor, and grow a digital community on behalf of, and while representing a department.
Within this role, the assistant director role will be the primary point person for all things MBA - communications, website, advertising, and email. The role will lead the recruiting and admission weekly meetings. As the primary marketing MBA point person, this role will play a key role throughout the new brand campaign development, execution, and analytics.
This role will take the lead on social media, testimonial content, and chat with support from an intern.
Our ideal candidate should have experience with digital advertising and social media, with a track record of delivering proven results. They should be both creative and analytical, able to come up with innovative ideas and also measure their impact. Furthermore, they should enjoy working collaboratively with a team, and be passionate about marketing and communication. Overall, this candidate should be a well-rounded marketer who is capable of driving impactful campaigns.
This position is a Monday to Friday role, with occasional evening or weekend requirements. The role is expected to be in-person on campus. This role can work remotely on occasion as needed. Limited to no travel is required for this position.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of experience in marketing, communications, advertising, and/or social media
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Familiar with website content management, technology, social platforms, current and future trends
- Organized and creative
- Demonstrated problem solver with strong communication skills
- Ability to take direction and work to meet expected deadlines and schedules
- Demonstrated team player
- Leads and builds digital community through social media channels, blogs, and the web
- Recommends, develops, and implements the marketing strategy, including advertising, for a department or unit
- Writes, designs, and coordinates the production of digital communication and marketing materials
- Manages social listening efforts
- Curates digital content, including designing graphics and web pages as needed
- Compiles data, analyzes and reports on social media, website and advertising
- Acts as internal advocate for digital community efforts, building support for social initiatives among internal stakeholders and driving digital best practices
- Provides customer service to key constituents
- Represents organization to constituents, campus, media
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Rice University HR | Benefits: https://knowledgecafe.rice.edu/benefits
Rice Mission and Values: Mission and Values | Rice University
Rice University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with commitment to diversity at all levels, and considers for employment qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
Faculty and staff are expected (but not required) to have completed a full vaccination series for COVID-19 (currently defined as full course COVID-19 Vaccine (typically two shots of a WHO-approved COVID-19 Vaccine or one J&J) and a COVID-19 booster. Rice does not require documentation for COVID 19 vaccination at this time for faculty and staff. More information can be found here: https://coronavirus.rice.edu/policies