Bronson Healthcare, southwest Michigan’s leading health system, is recruiting for a System Director of Strategic Marketing.
Reporting to the Senior VP Strategy & Communications, the system director is responsible for developing and deploying marketing strategies across multiple entities and service lines to help achieve the system’s strategic goals. He/she oversees the functions and staff of the Corporate Communications department and works collaboratively with the VP Communications & Public Affairs to develop integrated marketing/communication strategies.
The ideal candidate will be an established leader who is actively engaged in marketing and communications work for a high performing health system. He/she will have broad-based experience in developing and deploying brand and marketing strategies across multiple markets with deep understanding of the needs of healthcare consumers. A proven track record utilizing consumer insights, journey mapping, data analytics, direct to consumer marketing approaches and CRM tools, as well as web and digital platforms is essential to success in this role.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a forward thinking healthcare marketing leader who knows how to build relationships with patients, providers and consumers in ways that positively impact their perceptions, interactions and loyalty to the system.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Required Experience: • Minimum ten (10) years of progressive experience in healthcare marketing strategy development and deployment including leadership responsibility in all aspects of marketing for an integrated healthcare system • Minimum three (3) years of experience at the director level
• Strong knowledge of digital platforms and emerging digital technology
• Working knowledge of CRM systems and direct marketing methods • Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field i.e. Communications, Journalism • Master’s degree preferred
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Oversees all aspects of Bronson brand development in conjunction with Chief Strategy Officer and VP Communications & Public Affairs and CEO. Serves as system brand steward and editor in chief, ensuring consistent brand representation, adherence with established brand standards, refinement of brand standards, consistent naming hierarchy and effective brand management strategies.
Marketing Strategy & Execution
· Works collaboratively, as a valued advisor with system functions including strategic planning, business development, program lines, system executive team and entity/service line leadership to define and execute marketing objectives in alignment with strategic goals.
· Leads and influences the development and execution of marketing strategies utilizing consumer and physician insights and segmentation and best practices traditional and innovative digital technologies as well as information provided from across the enterprise to design comprehensive marketing strategies that drive consumer engagement, priority service line growth, patient acquisition and retention while strengthening the Bronson brand. This includes, but is not limited to: CRM, email marketing, physician engagement strategies, direct marketing campaigns, social media and digital and mobile strategies, web content and development, advertising production, collateral development, publication production, special events, and other marketing and communications tactics using in-house services and outside agencies.
· Develops integrated marketing strategy in conjunction with VP Communications & Public Affairs to align with community and internal engagement strategies. Ensures consistent positioning, messaging, and differentiated value propositions and identifies strategic strengths to showcase both regional and nationally.
· Scans horizon for new opportunities and marketing techniques, brings fresh ideas to leadership and explores new marketing methods. Stay abreast of emerging national, regional and local healthcare marketing issues and opportunities.
·Develops a balanced advertising budgetand media mix to ensure system wide ROI and brand optimization. Develops and administers a coordinated budget for areas of responsibility. Administers the budget, approving expenditures, reviewing reports, etc. to monitor and control costs in adherence to approved budgets.
· Directs the process for effective and consistent measurement and communication about quantitative and qualitative results of campaigns, events, and other programs; interprets results and adjusts strategic approaches to maximize objectives to ensure the overall value of marketing investments.
· Oversees overall Corporate Communications’ department operations including budgeting, personnel actions for hires, promotions, discharges, performance evaluations, and disciplinary measures. Provides immediate oversight to the department Manager and Supervisor. Resolves work related issues, or assists employees in solving work related issues. Develops and administers department communications policies, procedures, standards and objectives, and is responsible for operational quality, management control procedures, efficiency, process improvement, meeting regulatory requirements and customer service outcomes for the department. Coordinates processes and staff assignment with VP Communications & Public Affairs.
·Motivates and leads the department to deliver innovative content, design and other forms of communication expressed across multiple channels in multiple markets. Defines and ensures the established high quality of creativity and production is upheld; maintains consistently high standards for self and for department leaders and team members. Fosters staff development and growth.
· Serves as primary liaison with marketing venders to ensure maximum impact and value for Bronson.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
A strong understanding of needs of healthcare consumers and the business needs and competitive challenges of the healthcare industry as well as best practices in marketing and communications across the industry. Also a keen understanding of physician relationships and practice patterns; federal, state rules and regulations.
Demonstrated experience in creating and managing integrated marketing programs. Skilled at successfully utilizing contemporary consumer insights, data analytics, direct to consumer marketing technology and tools, digital advertising, communications platforms, marketing automation/CRM, social media platforms, electronic communications vehicles, content creation and website management tools.
Accomplished project management skills, and multiple, complex priorities, a strong customer service orientation, the ability to work under deadline pressure, and the ability to work independently in a team environment. Basic office computer software (word processor, spreadsheet, presentation) knowledge is needed. Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills are preferred.
Communicates, writes, and strategizes effectively in verbal and written form. Skilled at translating complex concepts into easy to understand and compelling messages that support a position to key stakeholders and audiences. Proven use of effective storytelling utilizing advanced writing and editing skills across multiple platforms including traditional and digital applications.
Proven ability to analyze, understand, and articulate the success of previous communications and marketing strategies which have led to significant returns on investment and growth.
Director must have advanced oral and written communication skills as this position interfaces regularly with people at all levels within the organization and the community. Must have outstanding skills at presenting information to board, executives and other internal and external audiences. Some of the information may be of a complex, technical or controversial nature so clarity of presentation and persuasive speaking ability is also important.
Must have excellent customer service skills and be able to communicate quickly and clearly in a variety of situations. Requires sensitivity to appropriately interface with physicians, patients and families. More than 50% of the employee’s time will be in face-to-face communications with executives, management, providers, Bronson employees and potentially customers and community members.
Must have an ability to build productive cross functional relationships at all levels of the organization as well as with external partners, be a facilitator and developer of others with a concerted focus on a team approach while holding her/himself accountable. Must be comfortable with ambiguity and working in a large, diffuse, highly matrixed environment.
Must be a problem solver and understand when to escalates issues and negotiate alternative solutions/timelines to move work plans forward.
• Minimum ten (10) years of progressive experience in healthcare marketing strategy development and deployment including leadership responsibility in all aspects of marketing for an integrated healthcare system
• Minimum three (3) years of experience at the director level
• Strong knowledge of digital platforms and emerging digital technology
• Working knowledge of CRM systems and direct marketing methods
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field i.e. Communications, Journalism
• Master’s degree preferred
Internal Number: JOB06710
About Bronson Healthcare
Our healthcare system serves patients and families throughout southwest Michigan and northern Indiana. Offering a full range of services from primary care to advanced critical care, our goal is to provide you with the right care, at the right time, in the right place.
We're also locally owned and governed. Our annual outreach and charitable care amounts to nearly $90 million in community benefits.
With a workforce of more than 9,000, we're one of the area's largest employers. And our physicians and staff are nationally recognized for many exceptional achievements in quality, safety and service.
You deserve the best possible care. That's why we're always working to achieve it.