The Senior Director of Development (National) will be charged with leading the creation of a strategic fundraising and revenue growth plan to advance SHPE’s strategic Plan. The Senior Director will be responsible for establishing the infrastructure needed to aggressively grow the organization’s revenue/budget, implementing a culture of philanthropy, and cultivating authentic partnerships – corporate, academic, government, and foundation - that advance diversity in STEM.
The Senior Director of Development will report directly to the SHPE CEO and will is a member of the Senior Leadership Team. The position directly supervises the following: Director of Corporate Relations, Events, and Marketing and an overall team of 3 to 7 total employees. This is a full?time, exempt position based in City of Industry CA (national headquarters), Washington DC, Dallas, TX, or another major city.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Fundraising, Grants Management and Membership
· In partnership with the CEO, National Board of Directors, and the Senior Leadership Team, develop and implement a strategic fundraising and revenue growth plan that will guide the organization to expand the SHPE mission and meet fundraising goals, expand the diversity of funding opportunities in corporate, academic, government, and foundation sectors, and increase revenue in sponsorships, membership, individual donors, and programs.
· Conduct research and identify prospective funding opportunities.
· Persuasively convey the SHPE vision, mission, and story.
· Develop and manage the grant development process from proposal development and submission to grant reporting in collaboration with Senior Leadership Team and SHPE team members.
· Work closely with the Marketing & Communications team to develop all communications campaigns.
· Create and maintain a formal process to recognize sponsors and donors.
· As informed by SHPE’s strategic plan and as directed by the SHPE CEO, help lead the development of identified fundraising initiatives and projects.
· Proactively identify changing fundraising landscapes and strategies to adapt development efforts with agility.
Sponsorships, Exhibits and Partnership/Business Development
· In collaboration with the SHPE’s Senior Leadership Team, develop the sponsorship frameworks for SHPE’s National Convention, National Institute for Leadership Advancement (NILA), seven Regional Leadership Conferences (RLDCs), and all National Programs.
· Oversee all revenue-generating functions such as the career center, opportunities board, digital advertising, exhibits, and membership.
· Actively cultivate relationships and leverage local, regional, and national prospective partners, funders, and individual donors.
Organizational Leadership and Management
· Provide leadership to create a culture of philanthropy throughout the entire organization.
· Positively represent the organization in all engagement efforts.
· Active contributor to the Senior Leadership Team and serves as a positive contributor to the organizational culture.
· Collaborate closely with Programs, Marketing & Communications, Finance, Operations, and Information Technology.
· Develop departmental goals, key priorities, and ongoing reports in alignment to the SHPE mission and strategic plan.
· Provide leadership, supervision, guidance, and mentoring to Development staff regarding work plan alignment to the strategic plan and their professional development.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Ambition to work with diverse communities and a passion for the mission of SHPE.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration, Non?profit Management, Political Science, Marketing, or other relevant field of study.
· 7?10 years of demonstrated success building and leading a fundraising strategy and plan or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
· Progressive experience in fundraising, business development, and grants management.
· Experience with developing and implementing fundraising plans and cultivation of new sponsors and donors.
· A keen understanding of fundraising and giving strategies, metrics and best practices, preferably in education, STEM, and diversity.
· Ability to succeed and enjoy working in a fast?paced, highly dynamic environment with a proven skill set utilizing sound judgment, creativity, and effective time management solutions. · Demonstrated experience with developing a diverse fundraising portfolio.
· Demonstrated experience in identifying, cultivating, and securing funding.
· Demonstrated ability to identify and implement new revenue opportunities.
· Strong interpersonal, organization, and grant writing skills.
· Exceptional writing, public speaking and presentation skills.
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Professional) or similar certification.
· Master’s degree preferred in Business, Public Administration, Non?Profit Management, Political Science, or Marketing.
· Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Additional Salary Information: •Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, and vacation.
•This position is eligible for a performance bonus.
About Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
The Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) was founded in Los Angeles, California, in 1974 by a group of engineers employed by the city of Los Angeles. Their objective was to form a national organization of professional engineers to serve as role models in the Hispanic community. The concept of networking was the key basis for the organization. SHPE quickly established two student chapters to begin the network that would grow to encompass the nation as well as reach countries outside the United States. Today, SHPE enjoys a strong but independent network of professional and student chapters throughout the nation.